PBA Tip of the Day brought to you by Kerry Freeman with Freeman Income Tax Service (623) 518-2157.
What is an Enrolled Agent? Kerry has the answer!
Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate competence in matters of taxation; their right to represent taxpayers comes directly from the U.S. Government Department of the Treasury (IRS). Unlike many tax preparers for whom tax preparation is a seasonal job from January through April, EAs (Like myself) provide tax services year-round in the field of tax planning, preparation, and representation.
The Enrolled Agent (EA) designation originated in 1884 to regulate agents who represented U.S. Citizens with claims for Civil War losses. Today, EAs represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service and help prepare returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and other tax entities. EAs are also experts in tax planning, and can help to ensure that you don’t pay too much or risk an audit. Contact Kerry today for all of your tax needs!